Sunday, January 7, 2007

Big Changes Will Come

by Stefanie Schoen

Against all expectations I really enjoyed the “charismatic” service in the small country church on the hills. I even liked the songs so much that I wanted to ask for the texts. The singer introduced herself as Renata. “I heard that my name is German, isn’t it?” She asked, after she learned were I was from. “Oh yes, it is common there but it’s actually latin”, I said, “it’s such a beautiful name. Do you know what it means?” “ What?” “It means ‘reborn’.” She started to smile, her eyes were shiny: “Really? I felt this way since I was a child. I was the only one of 8 eight brothers and sisters who knew the LORD. I used to play with him when I was a small child. And you know what? I know that big changes will take place here in this region. It will be such a big change that the world will learn to know about it. If we listen to what god wants us to do, we will know what our role will be” she said, her eyes filled with passion.

No comments: